WDP Coronavirus Update
This outlines the current situation here at WDP in light of the current COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic. We are closely monitoring government guidelines and amending our operational strategy accordingly.
These are the actions we have recently taken:
- All four of our Lunch Clubs (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Fridays) have been cancelled until further notice. We are working to ensure that telephone contact is maintained with all members, and where requested, we are delivering a hot meal weekly until the groups can be restarted.
- All self-help groups that we support or meet at the Centre, have cancelled their meetings, including our Pain Management Support Group (OWCH), WIRED Amputees, Heads2Gether ( Head and Neck Cancer), Stroke Association, WDP Writing Group, MS Society and After Silence (Self Harm)
- Our forums, Staying Connected (Adults and organisations) and Your Voice (disabled children and young people) have been cancelled until further notice.
- Our Quiz Nights at St Oswalds Social Club have been cancelled until further notice.
- We have cancelled a number of other fundraising events including our Sponsored Swim, Easter Bingo and VE Day Afternoon Tea.
- Our accessible caravan in Pensarn North Wales is closed until further notice.
- Trips on our Wizard narrow-boat have been postponed until further notice.
- Our Mobility and Independent Living Solutions Stores in Sankey Street, Birchwood and Warrington Hospital are closed until further notice.
- Our Shopmobility Service located in the Golden Square is closed until further notice.
- All IT courses offered from our Marjorie Griffiths Learning Centre have been cancelled until further notice.
- All face to face support from the following teams has been cancelled until further notice: Employment, Volunteering, Education and Learning, Personal Health Budgets, Direct Payments and Payroll. Telephone support is still available via these teams.
- All collections for our Phoenix Recycling Project have been postponed until further notice.
- We have rescheduled our 29th annual Disability Awareness Day from Sunday 12th July to Sunday 27th September, pending the government lifting the ban on large public gatherings.
- All talks and training provided by our staff into schools, businesses and universities, have been postponed until further notice.
We are continuing to operate within government guidelines by keeping open our showrooms at the Warrington Centre for Independent Living and Liverpool Disabled Living Centre. Telephone support and online enquiries are being promoted in an attempt to restrict the numbers of visits. Both services are operating a reduced home assessment service, only available where no safe alternative exists.
Our wheelchair, mobility and independent living equipment hire services are still available from the locations above. We have extended our home delivery service to include small aids, continence products, alongside larger items.
Our Galleries Cafe is only available for telephone orders and takeaway. 01925 240064
Equipment from our retail services can be ordered by contacting the team on 01925 240064, with a number of payment options including over the phone, BACS payments or on delivery.
If you have any further questions about our services and our response to COVID 19 (Coronavirus) pandemic, please contact our chief executive Dave Thompson on 01925 240064, or by email email@example.com.
We will of course keep you updated should the situation change.