Volunteer with WDP
Our team of around 200 volunteers play a very important role working alongside paid members of our team; without our volunteers we would not be able to operate our services as effectively as we do.
We have voluntary support from a range of people, young and not so young, including trustees, none executive directors, staff, their families, friends and the general public. They are actively involved in over 25 volunteering opportunities including:
- Fundraising and community engagement (weekdays, evening or weekends)
- Main office (Admin and telephone switchboard)
- Learning Centre (computers, arts and crafts)
- Equipment showroom and mobility and independent living store
- Leisure, recreation and sports activities
- Pain management groups
- Peer support – using your experience of living with a disability to help other people who have a similar condition
- Community café and luncheon clubs
- Mobility workshop and service centre
- Van drivers and driver’s assistants
- Wizard narrow-boat (crew and maintenance)
- Disability Awareness Day (Steward, Sports or Arts Assistants, admin, litter pickers)
Support for our Volunteers
Thanks to the Holroyd Foundation we have a full time Volunteer Co-Ordinator who offers advice and guidance to our team of volunteers. This includes areas of induction, personal development, and ongoing support.
Volunteer for WDP
Training for personal development is available and out of pocket expenses are paid. For further information on how to become a volunteer with WDP please call 01925 240064 or email our Volunteer Coordinator.