Job Opportunity - Cafe coordinator
Click to find out more
Warrington Disability Partnership —
Job Title:Café Co-ordinator
Contract:Permanent (following probationary period)
Salary:£16,350 - £17,500 per annum
Hours:37 hours per week
Responsible to: DTC Commercial Director
closing date: Friday 16th November 2018
Purpose of the Job:
The post-holder will be responsible for the day to day running and development of our busy Galleries Community Café, with specific responsibility for preparing meals and buffets, providing assistance and support to Café volunteers and ordering and managing stock.
- To provide a catering service from the Galleries Community Café for staff, volunteers, visitors, luncheon club members and members of the general public.
- To work with the DTC Commercial Director to continue to further develop the Galleries Café.
- Support the training and development of Cafe volunteers, working with the WDP Partnerships Manager to identify these needs.
- To mentor and support a team of volunteers within the café area to develop and learn new skills.
- To organise the planning and preparation of meals and buffets, ensuring that the necessary stock is available.
- To provide and promote a buffet service, for both internal and external clients.
- To work closely with the Meeting Room Coordinators to ensure that all catering requirements are met for those using the WDP Meeting Rooms.
- To ensure regular stock is ordered / collected to enable the service to be able to supply and that all stock is stored in the correct manner.
- To ensure that café takings are logged and cashed, as per WDP procedures.
- To provide weekly income, expenditure and stock figures to the DTC Commercial Director, including completing weekly stocktakes.
- To promote Warrington Disability Partnership to the wider public and other key organisations in relation to current services. To act at all times to uphold the reputation of the organisation.
- To work within the guidelines of the WDP Code of Conduct, Confidentiality Policy, Equal Opportunities Statement and Health & Safety Policy and all other current WDP Policies and Procedures, where relevant.
- To participate in WDP fundraising and outside promotional events, social events and other activities, as required.
- Travelling to/from WDP locations and outside promotions, when required.
- Such other ad hoc duties may be required and are consistent with the duties and responsibilities of the post.
-Attend relevant WDP meetings / events, when required, including the WDP Away Day, Disability Awareness Day and the WDP AGM.
- Good knowledge of health and hygiene, health and safety and HACCAP.
- Relevant catering qualifications.
- Experience of working within a busy catering/ café/ kitchen environment.
- Ability to plan, prepare, cook and distribute meals effectively.
- Ability to prioritise orders, ensuring that customers are served efficiently.
- Be able to motivate others and achieve an end product.
- Basic Literacy and Numeracy skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate an understanding of commitment to equality of opportunity including race, disability, gender and sex.
- Must be able to demonstrate effective communication skills, the ability to present information in a logical, analytical and accessible format.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Knowledge/ Experience of working in the voluntary sector.
- An ability and understanding of mentoring and supporting volunteers.
- Experience of managing/ordering and replenishing stock.
- Able to work own initiative and as part of a team.
for an application pack or more information please contact Kate Picken or Caroline Thompson on 01925 240064 or by email on email@example.com