Job Vacancy - Care and Support Advisor
We are recruiting a Care and Support Advisor on a fixed Term Contract to 31st March 2025
Warrington Disability Partnership
Care and Support Advisor
30 hours per week (Fixed Term Contract to 31st March 2025)
Circa £23,000 per annum pro rata
Deputy Chief Executive
Friday 14th April 2022
Purpose of the Job:
The post holder will be responsible for delivering the Arrangement of Care and Support (brokerage) service within Warrington, ensuring that people with care and support needs have access to independent advice and support services to promote independent living. The post holder will support individuals to make informed decisions and self-manage their care needs.
This is an exciting contract that joins together Health and Social Care services in Cheshire West and Cheshire, alongside supporting the implementation of Personal Health Budgets in all of Cheshire, Warrington and the Wirral.
The activities of this post will specifically contribute to the development and implementation of Personal Health Budgets in Warrington.
- Promotion of Personal Health Budgets across Warrington.
- Support the building of robust relations with the associated Clinical Commissioning groups and Social Care teams.
- Mentoring of Nurse Assessors/Social Workers and associated partners in order to develop awareness and change cultural practices.
- Developing processes and pathways to support families and young people wishing to access a Personal Health Budget.
- Provide central point of contact for people using PHBs and act as conduit with clinical commissioning groups and social care teams.
- Provide advice and support to individuals facing continuing health care assessment or community care assessment who may wish to exercise choice in how their health/social care needs are met.
- Signpost individuals to other sources of help and assistance.
- Provide general information, guidance and/or assistance in developing a person-centered support plan.
- Provide detailed information to the service user on all aspects of operating a Direct Payment, legally and appropriately.
- To provide ongoing advice and support in relation to employing Personal Assistants.
Maintain up to date, effective and accessible records; in line with the organisations case recording management information system.
- To work within the philosophy of the Social Model of Disability.
- To support the Arrangement of Care and Support Service Team in the day to day running of the service to ensure its effective delivery.
- To promote Warrington Disability Partnership to the wider public and other key organisations in relation to current services. To act at all times to uphold the reputation of the organisation.
- To work within the guidelines of the WDP Code of Conduct, Confidentiality Policy, Equal Opportunities Statement and Health & Safety Policy and all other current WDP Policies and Procedures, where relevant.
- To participate in WDP fundraising and outside promotional events, social events and other activities, as required.
- Travelling to/from WDP locations and outside promotions, when required.
- Such other ad hoc duties may be required and are consistent with the duties and responsibilities of the post.
- Attend relevant WDP meetings / events, when required, including the WDP Away Day, Disability Awareness Day and the WDP AGM.
- Experience of working within either health and/or social care.
- Ability to meet milestone targets and goals to achieve outcomes.
- A good understanding of the structure of health and social care.
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- The ability to listen and communicate to a high standard both verbally and in writing and to disseminate information in an easily understood and appropriate format.
- Must be able to demonstrate awareness and understanding of the barriers that can face disabled people.
- Must be able to demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to equality of opportunity including race, disability, gender and sex.
- Demonstrable commitment to achieving positive outcomes for disabled people.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both written and oral.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to motivate others to achieve specified objectives. Supervisory experience is needed.
- Ability to work under pressure, set priorities and meet deadlines.
-To successfully pass an enhanced DBS check.
- Access to a car, a current full driving license and appropriate insurance for business use of the vehicle.
- Experience of working with individuals with complex needs.
- Experience of developing person centered support plans.
- Understanding of the role of support organizations that promote independence of disabled people.
- Thorough knowledge of Continuing Healthcare/ Continuing Care.
- The ability and willingness and flexibility to work outside office hours, if required.
Further information or email a copy of your CV please contact Caroline Thompson on 01925 240064 or firstname.lastname@example.org