Corporate fundraising or support
Our Fundraising and Community Engagement Team can help you with lots of ideas and tips for raising funds, provide support where it’s needed and assist you with events. There are lots of benefits to supporting Warrington Disability Partnership:
- increases staff morale
- builds your brand awareness in the local community
- generates business
- helps you meet your corporate social responsibility goals
Supporting and working with Warrington Disability will also provide unique opportunities to network.
Our current wishlist
Our priority fundraising areas for 2018 are:
- Replacement mobility scooters for our popular Shopmobility service (can include sponsors nameplate). In particular our top priority is to purchase a mobility scooter with a weight limit of sixty five stone which will enable us to open up the service to heavier service users who are currently unable to access our service. The new scooter costs over £6000.
- Wheelchairs for our wheelchair hire fleet
- Front Entrance Canopy
- Refurbishment of meeting room and office space within the CIL
Charity of the year
Naming Warrington Disability Partnership as your charity of the year is not only great publicity for your organisation, but it also provides focus for your fundraising activities. Some ways in which companies help us as their charity of the year include:
- making a general donation
- donating a percentage of profits
- raising funds for a specific project
- encouraging employees to take part in our fundraising events
- organising a team-building event
- encouraging a payroll giving scheme
- matching employees’ fundraising efforts with £ for £ sponsorship.
What’s more, it’s one of the best ways of creating a team-building culture whilst raising valuable funds.
There’s no better way to build morale than to create an in-house challenge. Perhaps a race, football match, walk or other event that gets people working together in teams and competing against each other to raise money!
Take part in one of our events
You don’t have to organise your own event, you can encourage your employees to take part in one of ours. We have an exciting calendar of fundraising events and we’re always happy to help you promote these. Take a look at Support our events section for ideas.
Corporate sponsorship and support
We organise a wide range of well-attended events which can provide a great place for you to advertise and show your support for Warrington Disability Partnership at the same time. Just two examples: our Disability Awareness Day attracts around 25,000 visitors each year and around 1,000,000 hits on our website. Take a look at the Disability Awareness Day section for ideas. Or support our Annual Charity Dinner. Held each year at the prestigeous Park Royal Hotel, attended by over 200 guests. Sponsorship packages are available.
Giving to a charity via your payroll is both simple and tax-effective. Around five million people in the UK do this each year, because it’s a more tax-efficient way to give to charity, since deductions are made before tax. You can get more information about payroll giving from the HM Revenue & Customs website. You can also use a service such as Pennies from Heaven to make things even simpler, nominating Warrington Disability Partnership as your charity.
Companies can claim tax relief for donations to UK charities as a charge against income in their corporation tax. If you’re a partner or sole trader, then gifts to charities can be claimed on your tax self-assessment form. When gifts are made from partnerships, they are treated as donations of an equal amount from each partner, unless the partners specify otherwise. Please talk to your accountant or tax advisor for more information or check the information about gifts made to charity from companies on the HM Revenue & Customs website.
Secondment of employees and volunteer days
Giving time to Warrington Disability Partnership is guaranteed to be motivating and inspiring and really does help us to provide our services. This can be a secondment, for a specific activity or role, or perhaps they can volunteer to help out at one of our events. Corporate team buildings days can be used to assist with painting, clear-ups or refurbishing a meeting room or café.
Donating goods by a business, to a UK charity for it to sell, export or hire, is a zero-rated supply for VAT purposes.
Gifts in kind
Almost anything produced or sold by a business can be given as a gift in kind, either for us to resell or to help us deliver one of our services. Other creative gifts in kind that can have a real impact include:
- adding our literature in with your mailshots, payslips or invoices.
- putting a page about Warrington Disability Partnership on your website.
You can find out more about gifts in kind from the HM Revenue & Customs website.
Work with us
If you would like to generate fun for your people and funds for a worthwhile local charity please contact Dave Thompson by phoning 01925 240064 or sending him an email.