Financial Help 2023/24
Energy Price Guarantee Extended for 3 Months
From April 2023 to the end of June 2023 the Energy Price Guarantee scheme has been extended which is estimated to save the average household £160. This will mean that the typical householdís energy bill is £2,500 per year. This scheme places a limit on the unit cost of energy that you pay; it is not a limit on how much you pay. So the actual bill will depend on how much energy you use. You donít have to do anything to claim this.
Cost of Living Payments
You do not need to apply if you are eligible these will be paid automatically. So if you get a message asking you to apply or contact someone about these payments these might be a scam. £900 Cost of Living Payments: if you receive certain benefits or tax credits you may be entitled to 3 cost of living payments:
- £301 (paid between 25/4/23 and 17/5/23)
- £300 (paid autumn 2023)
- £299 (paid spring 2024)
- £150 or £300 Pensioner Cost of Living Payment: if you are over state pension age to help with energy costs in winter 2023
- £150 Disability Cost of Living Payment: if you get help such as attendance allowance, disability allowance, personal independence payments etc
- £200 Alternative Fuel Payment: for households using off-grid fuel such as coal or LPG. You will receive the payment automatically via your electricity supplier with no need to take any action
Other Financial Help
Pensions CreditPension Credit gives you extra money to help with living costs if you are over State Pension age and on a low income. Pension credit can also help with housing costs such as ground rent or service charges.
Pension Credit CalculatorTo find out if you are eligible for Pension Credit and how much you could get use the online calculator
Council Tax SupportThis scheme is limited to council tax Band A properties so if you live in a higher and you will only receive support up to the equivalent of a Band A property in your local area. For more information about the scheme and how to apply, please use this link
Household Support Fund 2023/24To be eligible for additional help you must be:
- Parents whose children receive free school meals and are claiming a qualifying benefit
- Individuals in receipt of Council Tax Support or housing benefit
- Pensioners in receipt of either
- Pension Credit (savings credit or guarantee credit)
- Council Tax Support or housing benefit
If you think you might be eligible, please use this linkto apply.
How to find us
The service is based at our Centre for Independent Living (CIL), located on Beaufort Street, Warrington, WA51BA. You can also book in at our Energy Efficiency and Smart Flat located across from our CIL to see the energy consumption within your home and how implementing energy-saving and assistive measures could work within the home.
Contact a member of our team via telephone at 01925 240064, through our Warrington Disability Partnership Social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn), our online enquiry form or via email through our Energy Administrator on E.Houghton@disabilitypartnership.org.uk
SEE ALSOFinancial Help 2023/24
Energy Saving Tips
Frequently Asked Questions