Services from WDP
WDP is an independent, user led social Enterprise committed to valuing everyone's life skills, experience and individuality to enable positive change.
We actively promote independent living by providing information on peer counselling, housing, equipment, personal assistance, transport, access, employment, education, training and other services including:
- Information and support in managing a package of personal care through Direct Payments and Independent Living Fund.
- Information, advice and support to disabled people wishing to enter or return to work - or wishing to retain their current employment when they acquire an impairment.
- A showroom where equipment to assist independence is displayed, and where small items may be purchased. We are also able to introduce people to suppliers of larger pieces of equipment and to Social Services who may be able to provide the equipment needed, and also provide additional support.
- Financial support to people who have additional costs relating to volunteering and work experience (or part-time work).
- A comprehensive information service provided through an information point in Warrington retail market and also via a telephone helpline, or by e-mail from our website. This service is supported by a substantial database of local and national information.
- Disability Awareness Day, a celebration of the life of disabled people including sports, entertainment and information. For more information on this event visit disabilityawarenessday.co.uk.
- Short-term wheelchair loan service.
- Shopmobility service.
- Personal development, confidence building and work preparation training.
- Sports and Leisure Development worker.
- Involvement with consultation on local initiatives and representation on key strategic committees.
- Volunteering opportunities.
- Employment opportunities.
- Warrington Disability Partnership is a company limited by guarantee and controlled by disabled people. All our volunteers and the majority of our employees are themselves disabled people, ensuring that we promote positive images of disabled people in every aspect of our service delivery.
Here at WDP we are interested in helping disabled people find out what they can do.